ARTICLES, HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS ADVICE. BEST DATING TIPS
10 Tips to Have An Awesome First Day At School
Back To School Tips
Back to school can bring on an array of emotions.
You may be feeling excited, nervous, scared, worried, happy and more. It’s an exciting time. You get to see your old friends that you may not have seen all summer, and you will meet some new people who are new to your school.
The first day can be a lot to take in, so we have compiled a list of tips to make sure you have a fun and successful first day back.
1. Get a good night’s sleep the day before so you are well-rested.
2. Don’t forget your school and locker supplies
… but you don’t need to bring everything on the first day. Bring what you need, and extra supplies can be brought throughout the rest of the week.
3. Have everything ready to go the night before.
Pack your lunch, lay out your clothes, pack your backpack and set your alarm clock so you aren’t scrambling on the first day of school.
4. Wake up early.
Shower and get ready with lots of time.
5. Make sure to eat a good breakfast and practice proper hygiene.
Brush your teeth and don’t forget deodorant!
Did you read our article on being the new kid in school, and how to transition to a new school with ease?
6. Don’t be nervous, be confident.
It’s normal to be excited on the first day of school, but for many, the first day back brings extra nerves, especially if you are the new kid in school. Make sure to walk with your head up and smile, confidence is key in making the first day back fun and easy.
7. Dress appropriately.
If your school has restrictions on clothing (such as no labels, no hats etc.) make sure to familiarize yourself with them so you aren’t breaking any rules on the first day.
8. If you notice someone is lost or looks confused, be kind and help them out.
Make sure you check out our article on how to make new friends and keep them
9. Wait for your friends outside of the building if you don’t know your way around yet.
This will help to make sure you don’t get lost and to help you find your friends.
10. Get into the school spirit!
Sign up for clubs that might not have thought to in the past, you will make many new friends this way! Be open to a year of learning and fun!