ARTICLES, HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS ADVICE. BEST DATING TIPS
QUIZ: Are You Enabling Your Teen’s Bad Behaviour?
Raising a teen can be very difficult, but do you ever feel like your teen is out of control? At some point, you should take a close look at your teen’s behaviour and your parenting choices to make sure you’re on the right track.
Here’s a list of questions to figure out if you’re a permissive parent:
1) Do you give into your teen just to avoid conflict?
2) Is your child lacking self-control, motivation or responsibility?
3) Do you find yourself making excuses for your teen’s bad behaviour?
4) Is it hard for you to say no to your child?
5) Do you think your child has self-esteem or insecurity issues?
6) Do you ever question if you are too lenient with your teen when they do something wrong?
7) Do you have a hard time setting boundaries and keeping them?
8) Does your teen often try to manipulate or control you?
9) Have you had to bribe your child to get them to do something?
10) Do you ever cover for your teen’s mistakes?
11) Are your parenting decisions often based on emotion?
12) Do you ever wish other people would change their behaviour to make life easier for your child?
13) Is your teen becoming more selfish and demanding?
14) Do you allow your child to make their own choices and rules?
15) Is your child ever aggressive and irresponsible?
If you’ve answered yes to two or more of these questions, you may be enabling your child’s bad behaviour. Try to remember that you’re the one in charge, and to set boundaries and stick to them.